Senior Meal Site menus
- Notice: Undefined index: taxonomy_term in similarterms_taxonomy_node_get_terms() (line 518 of /home/westunionfayette/www/www/sites/all/modules/similarterms/similarterms.module).
- Notice: Undefined index: 0 in similarterms_list() (line 221 of /home/westunionfayette/www/www/sites/all/modules/similarterms/similarterms.module).
- Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in similarterms_list() (line 222 of /home/westunionfayette/www/www/sites/all/modules/similarterms/similarterms.module).
Senior Meal Site menus
Congregate Meals for area senior citizens are served on the following days at the locations listed (home delivery is also available):
WEST UNION – Monday through Friday, Senior Center on Armour St.
ARLINGTON – Wednes- day and Friday, Arlington Library basement.
CLERMONT – Monday and Friday, West Clermont Lutheran Church.
ELGIN – Tuesday and Thursday, Elgin Community Bldg./AMVETS Hall.
HAWKEYE – Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Hawkeye Community Hall.
ST. LUCAS – Monday and Wednesday, St. Lucas Community Hall.
WAUCOMA – (Home delivery only)
The Meal Site menus for the week of June 6-June 12 will be as follows:
*Thursday, June 6 – COOKS’ CHOICE.
*Friday, June 7 – Roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, tomato wedges, corn, WW bread, frosted cupcake.
*Monday, June 10 – BBQ chicken breast, baked sweet potato, asparagus, WW bread, sherbet.
*Tuesday, June 11 – Sloppy Joe on a bun, French fries, tossed salad with dressing, raspberries/peaches. (Note: 10:30 a.m. – Bingo/blood pressure and blood sugar checks by Maple Crest staff)
*Wednesday, June 12 – Roast turkey, baked potato with sour cream, glazed carrots, WW bread, pudding with topping.
Each meal provides 1/3 of the Recommended Daily Allowance and includes a beverage. Menu is subject to change.
Serving at the Meal Site begins at 11:45 a.m.
* Have you had breakfast yet? Come on down to the West Union Meal Site between 7:30 a.m. and 9 a.m. each weekday for a tasty meal to rev up your day! All ages welcome!
* Senior card games are being played at the center from 1-3 p.m. every Tuesday. Refreshments are served. Come on down and enjoy the fun and fellowship!
* The suggested contribution for each meal is $5. Diners may give more or less than that amount, contributing what they think is fair and affordable toward the cost of the meal. (The cost is $6.20 for those under age 60.)
For meal reservations, please call (563) 422-6100 by 8 a.m.